Saturday, April 27, 2013

Planting the garden

We've had some really beautiful weather already this spring so I've already gotten the itch to get out in the garden!  I managed to start a lot of veggies in the greenhouse this year and I think they are ready to go into the ground...


 
So I solicited the help of two of my master gardeners

and we got busy planting seeds for corn, carrots and spinach

as well as planing the peas that we had started earlier.

My kids LOVE peas, especially right off the vine,
so they were more than happy to help put them into the ground!

I am so glad that my kids enjoy being outside, and in our garden in particular, ALMOST as much as I do!  I am excited about our crop this year and am learning more and more about what I can and can't grow as well as what things I know we'll use the most of!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment