Friday, April 26, 2013

Date in Seattle

Kevin and I have been enjoying a concert series put on by the Seattle Symphony this year.  The concerts come about once a month and I always look forward to going to Seattle on a date.  Tonight was the last concert we'll be attending this season.  Kevin had the day off work and it was beautiful weather, so I took a half day from school and we headed to Seattle to enjoy the afternoon sunshine and a nice dinner before heading to the symphony.
We parked at Benaroya Hall, then walked down to Pikes Place Market.  Tourist season is obviously in full swing, as there was a line out the door at the original Starbucks.  Now, I love my coffee and I like Starbucks, but out the door?  Maybe they didn't know there were at least 5 more in a 5 block radius :)  Oh well, I know it's the attraction of the ORIGINAL place that drew the crowd.

We wandered through the market and got a few snacks and of course stopped by one of my favorite places in all the market...the fresh cut flower booths.   My date was sweet enough to buy me a bouquet to take home.  When we were had our fill of the market, we headed down to the piers to look around and eventually find dinner.

After much walking and window shopping we were definitely ready to sit down for dinner.  We had already decided on one of our favorite restaurants in Seattle,  The Crab Pot.  The food is always good here and we usually order one of the feasts.  Who doesn't love having your food dumped out on the table in front of you?!  Lot of fun!  We took our time on the uphill, return trip to Benaroya and then enjoyed the symphony.  One of the things we like most about the series we chose, entitled "Untuxed" was the length of the concerts.  The concerts in this series took no intermission and lasted about an hour.  Now, I enjoy classical music, but an hour is about my limit before I start nodding off!  As the title implies, it was also a very laid back atmosphere and even the folks in the symphony wore casual clothes. As an added bonus for those of us less educated in the fine arts, the lead bass player came out before each concert and talked a few minutes about the piece we would be hearing.  I loved that!   What a perfect afternoon!  Couldn't have asked for better weather or better company :)   What a great date! 

No comments:

Post a Comment