Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Sunday

I love traditions and look forward to many different ones thoughout the year.  One of my favorites, if I had to pick one is Easter Sunday.  We get to sleep in just a little longer since church starts a half hour later to accommodate a special Easter service.  Then after church, rain or shine the kids have what our Pastor likes to call an "Easter egg dash"...not so much a hunt because it is thousands of eggs strewn across a field and then kids run out and collect as many as they can.
Here is Zachary  
and Addison collecting all they can.
 
Another part of the day is gettng a few token pictures with friends.  Some of them we've taken the same picture each year.  One of these days, I'll have to round them all up so we can see they years pass by.  It might make me cry though...kids are all growing up SO fast!

And after the egg dash, we host a family dinner at our house.  I love that everyone still gathers for holidays!  It's one of the few times each year that we all get together and I always enjoy spending time with my mom and brothers.


This is Addison and one of her friends from school.  They were really enjoying the beautiful weather and a chance to get outside together!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment