Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Greenhouse

Last year, my sweet husband bought me a greenhouse and I used it a bit, but this year I was determined to get a jump start on the growing season and started some seeds earlier than I normally would just to see how they fared in my fancy new greenhouse.

There are broccoli on the right and peas on the left.
 
And a week later (the tray on the bottom left of this photo is the same tray of starts as the picture directly above it!  Growing like gangbusters!  I am making a concerted effort to grow only what I know we will use...the first couple of years I planted a garden, I planted EVERYTHING and a lot went to waste because it was simply stuff we didn't eat much of.  This year, I am growing salad items, as well as some zucchini, peas, beans and herbs.  New to us this year are going to be potatoes but since we use a lot of them, I figured I might as well as give it a try.  I'll take photos of the potato cages we are attempting just as soon as I get them put up.  And I can hardly wait to start my tomato plants!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment