Saturday, May 4, 2013

Grandview Ladies Conference

I just got back from a ladies conference in Oregon and feel like I can change the world!... or at least my home :)   Isn't that how it always is?  I always learn so much and have to pick and choose which things I want to try and implement at home,  because changing everything that I'd like to change is simply not an option.

The theme was "A Clean Heart" so they focused on keeping your house, life and spiritual walk in order.  The actual cleaning tips and thought were very helpful and I really felt inspired to fix some of the ways I do things at home.  Let's hope it works out...anyway, more about my fabulous trip...

It was a beautiful weekend, weather wise and we were upgraded to a suite because of an unfortunate incident that occurred when we checked in...they gave us a keys to someone else's room and we walked right in on a sweet lady half dressed.  Lucky for us (or her?!) she attended our church and we could joke about it afterwards.  It was quite uncomfortable as we back-peddled out of the room, though!  At any rate, we got a family suite on the first flour with a great view of the Clackamas river.
Not a great shot, through the screen door and you can hardly see the river, but trust me, it was very nice!

It's always nice to just get away with some other ladies from church... we have a great time.  This year, the conference landed during Starbucks Frappuccino Happy Hour campaign and we took full advantage of it!  Starbucks was followed by some thrift store shopping and then back to the church for a play and dessert.
 
I had a wonderful time and, as always, learned more than I fear I'll ever be able to put into practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment