Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day

I always look forward to Mother's Day...we've settled into somewhat of a tradition in our family.  I spend the Saturday prior with my mom and then my brothers get her on Sunday.  This year, Addison and I started our morning out with a birthday cake pop and some coffee at Starbucks.  No body's birthday...my girl just likes pink stuff!
 
 
Next stop was the church, to pick up and transport ladies to the Mother's Day Brunch in Tacoma.  I was the "official" driver, so Mom just met us in the parking lot and rode the shuttle with us to David's Mansion on Broadway.  Addison was extra excited to have Grannie along for the day.
 
We found some seats next to friends, then explored the neat, old house before enjoying a delicious brunch.  The food really was quite good!  Since the brunch was fairly early, we had plenty of time when we got back to try out the new nail salon near our house.
This was Addie's first ever manicure and she really enjoyed it!

I was pretty impressed that she sat so still...she doesn't usually manage quite so well when we do her nails at home.

But the end results were fantastic and we've already decided we'd like to try that salon again.  Maybe for Addison's birthday this summer.  All in all, we had a lovely day; enjoyed some good food, a little pampering and best of all, spent time with my two favorite gals!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment