Thursday, January 24, 2013

In sickness and in health

What can I say?  I am absolutely SICK of being sick!  Luckily, it's nothing serious but I sure would like to feel 100% again.  Just as a few weeks ago, I have a soar throat and headaches that come and go.  I went to work yesterday, but went straight home after, took some medicine and crawled into bed.  My ever-thoughtful husband was kind enough to have dinner almost done when I got there, so I didn't even have to worry about feeding everyone before heading to church.  It didn't take long for the meds to kick in and for me to doze into blissful sleep.  Before I knew it, Kevin had the kids all ready and they were heading out the door.  Now, we like our children to understand the importance of church, but usually if someone is sick at home and Kevin or I are missing church, we usually keep the little ones with us.  Not this time...I can't tell you the last time I was home, completely alone!  I slept for a good chunk of it, but then got up and watched half a movie while I ate the meal that amazing man of mine had prepared.  I have to tell you, it felt good!  While I'm still not feeling quite up to par, it makes me happy to know my guy will be there in sickness and in health!  And as an added bonus, he came by the school to take me to lunch today :) Gotta love that guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment