Thursday, January 3, 2013

Spring Fever

Is it too early for spring fever?  Maybe it's the bright sunshine outside today but I sure have had an urge to plant some stuff and watch it grow!  I follow several blogs (mostly for gardening and craft) and I think it was Mavis at One Hundred Dollars a Month that most recently got me thinking about seeds (she started some onions today) and winter growth.  Well, she and my friend Denise, who is always showing me super-cool seed catalogs and making me dream of possibilities!  It's amazing the many things you can get a head start on during the winter and I'm thinking maybe...just maybe I'll try it this year.
 
 Anyway, obviously I have gardening on the brain, so at lunch today, I hopped in the truck and headed down to the local library to peruse its selection of gardening books.  There are many.
I think I did well, limiting myself to just 3, since there is a WHOLE stack of books dedicated to gardening genius.  It's still very cold outside, but the thought of spring planting and summer mornings admiring my garden at the very least, warm my heart.  Now to thaw out my very cold feet and get back to work...the actual reading and inevitable planning (and dreaming) will have to wait until I get home.
 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I have been seed shopping and dreaming too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at Ed Hume's website today and he's got some good info on what to do each month...also some notes on planting bulbs this time of year. Thought of you :)

      Delete