Monday, January 14, 2013

The Mall


It's the end of the semester...hard to believe the school year is already half over!  Today was an in-service day at our school so the kids stayed with a friend and I spent the morning with my co-workers, learning how to be better teachers and finishing up our grades.  When that was all said and done, I picked up the kids and we headed to the Tacoma Mall.

 It's been a along time since I've taken my kids there and was only doing so now because I had an appointment at The Picture People to have the their pictures taken.  Might I just say, the mall is not what it once was.  I remember my mom dropping me and my friends off for a few hours so we could look around.  No way will I be dropping my kiddos off any time soon!  Apparently every kid within a 10 mile radius had just gotten out of school (or skipped it entirely) and headed to the mall.  Now, admittedly, people might consider me a bit on the conservative side, but I was not prepared for the full range of attire we saw.  For the middle of winter, there was a generous amount of skin on display.  And, to be honest, that was the least of my worries.  These kids were just plane rude...bumping into us as they plowed past in droves, swearing loud enough for the world to hear.  What has happened to children today that they can't hold a door open for their elders or excuse themselves when they run into you or use decent language in public.  I hope and pray that Kevin and I can do better by our children.

On the upside, got some great pics of my kiddos!  This one's a little blurry since I "saved" it from the Picture People site.   You can check out more pictures from our session here!

No comments:

Post a Comment