Saturday, January 12, 2013

Talk the talk


I had the opportunity to spend last evening with my dear friend, Eileen Papale.  I had nearly forgotten how much I enjoyed the day to day conversations we shared when we worked together and the great advice I always gleaned over our lunch time chats.  We talked a lot last night: on the drive to Seattle, over a delicious meal at Wild Ginger and of course on the way home.  We talked about school (her pre-req classes and my teaching), we talked about children, we talked about marriage, we talked about personal standards.  Of course, we talked about the symphony we had heard (which was amazing) and we even talked some about the weather!  We talked about everything and I was so grateful for the opportunity to catch up with a good friend and acutely aware of the godly influences that have been laid our before me.  I've done a lot of learning these past few years and a lot of growing in so many areas of my life.  While the way is never clear, it can become clearer with discernment. and I pray daily for that, and wisdom.  Things that once seemed to be so important, no longer have such a foothold in my life and those things which are increasingly more precious, such as my husband and children, I am want to focus my time and efforts on.

No comments:

Post a Comment