Friday, January 4, 2013

First Friday

Getting back into the swing of things after Christmas break is always a bit of a trial.  Kids don't want to get up, students don't want to think...the school in general is moving a bit sluggishly.  I had considered skipping the First Friday back sale this month, since I too was feeling a bit lazy...but I'm so glad we didn't!  We had many donations and lots of delectable goodies and I really believe it was something for the kids to look forward to.  They are always so very enthusiastic when they come to peruse the bake sale tables.  It also provides me several guinea pigs for any new dessert recipes I want to try.  Come to think of it, I think this will be I great "outlet" for all those yummy recipes I've pinned to my "All the Sweet Stuff" Pinterest board.  Kevin is always telling me not to try new things when we have company over or are contributing to a potluck, but when else will I try them?  This is my chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment