Friday, February 1, 2013

Wake-up call

I found out today that a friend of mine from high school's teenage daughter took her own life last night.  I can't begin to express the saddness that has overwhelmed me today and I can't begin to imagine what Tanja must be experiencing.  It sort of puts things in perspective, though.  As heavy as my heart is, every last thing that I could list as a possible negative in my life doesn't come close to measuring up to her tragic loss.  I am blessed beyond belief.  Had you asked me ten years ago where I thought I might be today, I would not have imagined this life.  So, when you are feeling sorry for yourself, just remember that it could ALWAYS be worse.  Find the bright side of each situation and you will glorify God in doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment