Tuesday, January 4, 2011

4/365 Reading Joy

My family loves reading...I have been a book-lover all my life. In grade school, the highlight of my week was always library day and by the time I got into 5th grade, I had a school library shelf of my own to keep straight and organized.  I loved the feel of the books, the coolness of the shelved bindings, the colors on the cover and the variety of words within the pages...I can spend hours in a bookstore (preferably used) or library, just mulling through the stacks.  As I've gotten older and more of my time is consumed by other tasks, I've learned to enjoy books on tape, then books on CD (currently listening to The #1 Ladies Detective Agency when I do my ironing) and most recently, I've discovered play-aways (which are wonderfully portable and come with a lanyard for easy transport while moving from room to room when cleaning, etc.) but my favorite is still the bound book.  My husband also likes to read and does so every night before turning out the light.  He reads a variety of genres.  While the majority is sports related, in the past few years, he has started checking classics off of his list.  And especially pleasing to my soul is the love each of my children have developed for all things book.

No comments:

Post a Comment