Friday, January 21, 2011

21/365 Sick Joy?

No pictures to show, but we had quite an afternoon today!  It was a home-game day and Volleyball started, so Kevin had the kids while I helped with the coaching.  I noticed Addison wasn't running around as she normally does and when I got a chance, I asked Kevin...she was in my classroom sleeping...odd...she never sleeps during games.  After volleyball, we all settled onto the bleachers to watch the boys play basketball.  Addison was especially whiny and wanted to sit on my lap, so I let her.  Shortly into the first quarter of play, she vomited all over me and almost hit a friend of ours that we were sitting next to.  Ugh, what a mess!  I tried to "catch" it in my hand, but what was I thinking?  This is the joy part, if you can call it that...several ladies jumped up to help.  As I tried to clean up the mess, they promptly ushered me and the girl to the bathroom and said they'd worry about the mess.  What a huge blessing!  My baby was sick and apparently getting sicker, so I got her home, gave her a bath and we cuddled while she alternately ate and threw it back up into a bowl for the remainder of the night.  No joy in being sick...

No comments:

Post a Comment