Sunday, January 2, 2011

2/365 Barter Joy

My husband is an avid Craigslister...his favorite section is "Barter" because he loves to make good trades.  In the past, he has traded his way up to a boat.  It's amazing what people will part with because they'd rather have something else...something he happens to have :)
 New Years day, he exchanged a gun (which I'm sure he would have enjoyed keeping) for an off-road Go-Kart (pictured) and a very cute, pink camouflaged quad (which I'm sure we will ALL enjoy!)
 At first I was hesitant to venture outside into the cold...it was only 19 degrees last night!! But the kids' enthusiasm and my husband's request drew me outdoors.  So bundled up I went, freezing cold as it was, outside to check out my husband's newest acquisition.  As usual, he got a great deal and what a blast we had!  The Go-kart goes really fast and we took turns racing it up and down our very bumpy, dirt road.  There is work that needs to be done to get the quad running, but it's in great condition.

Raymond is old enough to drive it, so he took each of the younger kids for a spin, as well.

I wasn't sure what our little girl would make of it...I was a little worried that a 3-year-old would be understandably scared.  Not this one!  As you can see from the shear delight on her face,
she had a wonderful time! 
 It is such a joy to watch my kids (Kevin included) when they are thoroughly enjoying something.  So today, as the younger ones nap and Dad & Raymond are spending some precious father-son time outside, trying to get that new quad running...I am absolutely experiencing Barter Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment