Tuesday, January 11, 2011

11/365 Snow Joy!

The excitement and anticipation of snow is something I will never outgrow... maybe it's because we don't get a whole lot of it here, but I always look forward to snowfall.  They have been forecasting snow for today and it was torture to be at school all day!  The kids (and I!) kept gazing out the window, waiting...
 Got home, ate dinner and did homework and still NO SNOW!  I was beginning to doubt our weatherman.


Then at about 7pm, we saw the first flakes.  It wasn't long before the ground was covered and the kids were anxious to get outside.  I was torn, because it was a school night and the forecast had also predicted that it would warm and melt all the snow sometime after midnight.  So, do I let the kids stay up, play in the snow while it's here or bring them in and get them to bed on time?
Of course sent them out to play in the snow to their little hearts' content.  They had so much fun in such a short amount of time, I was happy that I had not begrudged them the opportunity.  Now, they are all tucked safe, sound and warm in beds (only an hour past bedtime) and mom has fingers crossed that the weatherman will be wrong and the snow will stick around long enough for a school delay!

No comments:

Post a Comment