Monday, January 10, 2011

10/365 Extra time Joy

Short day at school...only 2 hours to cover material in all 7 periods!  Definitely made the day fly by!  We dismissed early to allow teachers and students to attend the funeral of a long-time member of our church.  My family only knew him by name and I didn't want to take my children to the funeral and answer all those inevitable questions, so we took a pass.  What to do with a sudden and oh so unexpected gift of extra time?  While laundry and dishes no doubt awaited at home, we drove right past our road and decided to have a little "adventure"!  I had some errands I had been meaning to run, so we made a game of it and the kids helped find each destination...we agreed on an extra treat at each stop and ended our trip at the library, which my kids love!  Even after all our errands, we made it home before we would have on a normal day.  Loved spending "stolen" time with my kids today!

No comments:

Post a Comment