Saturday, January 22, 2011

22/365 Good friend Joy

I was scheduled to help with concessions today and some good friends, Dave and Liz, were going to watch our kids so both Kevin and I could go.  But, with a sick girl (see yesterday's post), I thought I had better stay home.  It's always such a hassle to get enough people to help with these Husky games and as someone primarily responsible for this particular fundraiser, I felt like I needed to find a replacement for myself.  After all, I expect others to do the same, right?  Dave volunteered to go in my place...now those are good friends!  First, they were willing to watch my kids for the entire day and when that fell through on our end, he was equally willing to spend his day selling hot dogs; neither option I'd imagine were on the top of his "things I REALLY want to do list"!  The fact that I have a few of these kind of "good" friends truly brings me joy...I'd be lost without them!  Thanks Dave and Liz!

No comments:

Post a Comment