Monday, August 31, 2009

Blackberry picking

We have a ton of blackberry bushes lining the mile-long dirt road to our house, so I thought it would be a good idea to stop and pick some on our way home from school one day. I thought ahead and remembered to throw the buckets in the truck before heading off to school.

What I forgot was a change of clothes! Both boys were in school uniform (white top...) They actually didn't do too bad!

It was Addison, in her brand new WHITE and multi-colored polka dot skirt that made the mess, and it wasn't even blackberries! She decided it would be fun to jump in the nice mud puddles along our road. If you've ever been to visit us, you know there are MANY! After she snuck the first one in, I didn't see any reason to stop her fun.

Zachary helped himself to about as many as he picked...

and for some unknown reason, Addison had a melt-down when we got home. I think one of the boys offered to "help" her with the bucket and she didn't want the help. At any rate, this is one of the sadest pictures I've seen! Just look at the angst on her little face! If you look closely, you can see where the tears washed away the blackberry from her cheeks.

1 comment:

  1. Now I am jealous! I have been telling my kids about blackberry picking, and how good they are. We actually bought some this summer, and I think Mike and I ate them before the kids were able to. They brought back too many memories.

    ReplyDelete