Friday, August 14, 2009

Ferry boat ride

We had the chance to go to work with dad today. Our day started by driving out to Port Orchard to see my friend Jan, who Kevin had recently done some work for. Kevin wanted to do some touch-up and I was happy to go along and chat a bit with Jan.

As it turned out, we were able to catch a ferry from Port Orchard to Seattle, were Kevin's next stop for business was.

I don't think any of our kids have been on a ferry and they all thought it was pretty neat

a little chilly, but still very, very COOL! I don't know why I did't take more pictures of our day, but after I dropped Kevin off at Husky Stadium (where he was checking on doing a concession stand fundraiser for our school), I drove the kids through the UW campus. The little ones had fallen asleep, so we didn't get out. Besides, it's $15 to park on campus! I showed Raymond the dorm I lived in and some of the buildings that I had classes in. I was amazed at how much had changed in the few years it's been since I was up there. Several new buildings. From UW, we stopped and visited with Freeman and Elizabeth (again no pics!). They are interested in having Kevin build a new deck for them. The kids had a great time playing downstairs in the "play room" with aunt Elizabeth while Kevin and Freeman talked decking material. Would it really be possible to use some of this cable my dad stashed here years ago? Probably not, but it was fun talking about it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment