Thursday, August 27, 2009

There's a GREAT day coming...

Isn't it amazing how music affects your mood? I am making a conscious effort to play music between my classes, so it is usually on when my students enter my room and have found it a source of encouragement for me, personally. I carry the words to those great gospel songs, old hymns and chapel music with me even when I'm not listening to a CD.

In fact, today it served me especially well. We had our first real day of PE (we hadn't dressed down yet) so I had the girls run 12 minutes and counted laps so we'd know how far we'd eacg gone. I say "we" because I decided I should run, if I expected them to. Needless to say, I am WAY out of shape and huffed and puffed the whole way, but didn't stop to walk. It could have been miserable... but, half way through, I started singing to myself and before I knew it, the minutes passed and it was time to stop and I found that I was in a great mood, to boot!

Then on the way home, still singing in my head, I decided that although I was tired and wanted to be home, this beautiful day called for McDonald's 50 cent ice creams. The kids were thrilled and rewarded me with lots of laughter and genuine helpfulness when we got home. What a blessing after a long day at school for all of us! To top it off, we finished up the chores in no time and decided to take a dip in the pool... it may be the last chance for the year, after all. The house work and laundry can wait another day. As I sit here on our patio swing and the kids are busy playing, I feel refreshed and ready for another GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment