Monday, August 18, 2008

Couch potato

As I sat on the floor last night, eating popcorn and watching the A-Team, first one child and then another and finally all three where on or very near me. I couldn't help but think, when did I become a piece of furniture to be sat on, climbed on, hung from? I love my children and I thoroughly enjoy playing on the floor with them, but at some point I had had enough, so I retreated to the couch - and so did they. It became a game and when I finally reconciled to the fact that it was "play time" I gave up being annoyed. After all, there will come a day when they will no longer willingly sit by me and all the coaxing in the world will not get them into my lap. I better enjoy it will it lasts!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I've found your blog finally :)
    I hope evrything is going well with the school stuff. Jeremy and Cara are looking forward to being in school soon. I really miss having my kids around and thank God for all the process of my husband's treatment. Hopefuly see you in 2 weeks...

    ReplyDelete