Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What now?

School's out at 2:45 and typically, Mrs. Cummings doesn't bring my kids over from the nursery until 3:15. It's a sacred half hour in which I am able to do a whole host of things I don't have time for during the school day and am unable to do when my kids are running amok. I also am able to tutor any students needing extra help, at that time. The other day, Mrs. Cummings had to leave early, so she brought my kids over shortly after school was out. No problem, they know their way around my classroom.

I was busy helping a student with algebra when Zachary declared that he had to use the bathroom. Again, not an issue; the bathroom is literally right outside my classroom door, so I sent him on his way. (He's done this before) Several minutes later, I'm deep into a math problem and hear comes my oh so precocious (except when it comes to using the facilities) 3 year old... pants and underwear down around his ankles and toilet paper in hand. I caught a few astonished glances in our direction as I hastily pulled Zach all the way into my room and shut the door. What now? He had brought the TP out of necessity but hadn't gotten around to using it yet (need I say more?) Do I wipe here or haul him back to the bathroom, with his pants still down. ...because if I pull them up...

No comments:

Post a Comment