Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Don Quixote

Several years ago we picked up a flyer of the top 100 classics from the library.  Kevin has been alternating between this list of classics and lighter reading.  The classics turn was up so I asked him what book he wanted me to pick up from the library...his choices were Don Quixote and Moby Dick so I went looking for both.  I've never read Don Quixote myslef, but I found it and brought it home, leaving it on the dining room table for Kevin to find before his evening reading.  Raymond picked it up and started reading...continuing to read until dinner.
The next morning, we head out to school and I look over at Raymond and he's brought the book along to read in the car and when he has time at school!  Now, granted, Ray does like to read but I wasn't quite expecting he'd be interested in something by Cervantes! I sure hope he stays engaged and is able to finish it.  He is apparently intrigued with a a man that goes crazy because of reading...hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment