Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Swing of things

Coming up on the end of our 5th week of school and I finally feel like I've gotten my "school life" organized and under control...grade book partitioned, lesson plans done and classroom sufficiently decorated.  Unfortunately, I can not say the same for my "home life"!  The start of school is busy, in and of itself, but it seems that the past few weeks have had a variety of additional activities that have all but consumed my evenings and weekends!  You know, fun opportunities like the FAIR that I just can't pass up!  Laundry alone accounts for half of my "to do" list...I have a pile of laundry that is washed and folded, but needs to be put away, another pile that still needs to be folded, a pile of uniforms to iron and then there are those piles that still need to be washed.  Thankfully, I have a husband that is willing to put up with a bit of a mess and equally willing to help when I do finally decide to tackle it. 

I have taken an "it can wait" attitude, if in fact, it CAN wait.  Life is comprised of many choices and recently I have opted to spend time with my family and friends and do the "fun stuff" and let some of the work wait.  My husband and children are clean, well fed and hopefully happy so the fact that I have piles of laundry in various stages is not going to cause me more anxiety.  Look at the bright side...I have a washer and a dryer; I don't have to hand wash or wring out my clothes and I don't have to line dry them (if I don't want to!)   I know it's there and needs to be done, but why fret about it until I have time to take care of it? 

A verse keeps rattling around in my head:
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow; for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.  Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."
                                                                          Matthew 6:34

God may not have intended the "evil" to be a housework, but the bottom line is... it will all get done and if I can't do it today, there is no point in mounding it all up until my "tomorrow" seems futile. Carpe Diem, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment