Monday, October 5, 2009

Rice Krispie Treats for dinner!

Armed with left-over smores marshmallows and a sale on rice krispie cereal, we decided to make Rice Krispie Treats. It's been a long time since I've made them (more of a chocolate treat maker, myself). In fact, Raymond said he couldn't remember having homemade ones.
Addison was very excited about helping "cook", but I was nervous having her so close to the stove. I suppose I should get used to it, she seems overly interested in anything I am doing these days!

A fair number of marshmallows were consumed before they reached the pot to be melted. Luckily we had LOTS!
We ended up with two huge pans of treats and ate all of one for dinner. Well, we had a few other things, but nothing as good! Kevin wasn't home and we pigged out!
Zachary loved them, but wasn't sure how to get the "extra" off of his face and hands. It was rather comical to watch. We had a great time and hopefully nobody thinks less of me for letting my kids have rice krispie treats for dinner!

1 comment:

  1. I think rice krispie treats for dinner are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete