Friday, October 24, 2008

Back to reality

I have no idea how many people look at this blog or if any of those that do noticed a significant decrease in activity. Decreased to 'nonexistant' I should say. It's not that I didn't have anything to say - I always do! but having returned to work, it is all I can do to keep some semblance of order in our home. But, alas, here we are at the end of the first quarter of school already and I feel like I am just now getting things a bit under control. Don't be fooled, though. Even as I write, the laundry is piled high, waiting to be put away, and the ironing even higher. The floors need to be mopped and the furniture dusted and yet here I type. But if we don't take a moment out of our busy schedules to smell those roses, when will we? As the holidays quickly approach (one month til Thanksgiving and 2 until Christmas?!) time will only become more scarce and I will try and remind myself, as I always must, to slow down and enjoy it... appreciate it for what it is - time with family and friends. Did I mention I am taking my kids to the pumpkin patch tomorrow and leaving all that house work undone?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog. Jane tells me that she wishes that people would let her know if they have visited her site. So, here I am. I think that you are doing a great job of keeping up with everything. It is amazing that the school year is flying by so quickly. We'll probably just get into a decent routine when Christmas vacation will arrive - back to anti-normalcy - only to return to the normal routine two weeks later. You are right that the really important things in life are worth slowing down for. The dishes, housework, ironing, etc. will continue to need to be done forever. I'm looking forward to Spirit Week and the craziness of all that. I did think of you tonight while I was baking cookies: you have at least two of you to dress in "Spirit Week" clothes each day this week. I hope everything goes smoothly for you in the morning. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Eileen's comment- you are amazing! I miss you both- We work at the same building, but I see you less then I did all last year - something is wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete