Sunday, July 27, 2008

You don't know how good you got it

This morning, I woke up extra tired... Addison is still not sleeping through the night and I must have slept wrong, because my back and neck hurt. It's Sunday, so I knew I had to get up and make the kids some breakfast before we got ready and headed off to church. The sky was overcast and my spirits were a bit low, I was grumpy. I listened to the sermon, but my heart wasn't really in it and so I came home, put the kids to bed and thought I'd be a bit indulgent and spend some time doing something I wanted for a change. I looked again at my newly minted blog site and thought perhaps I'd spend my afternoon working on it when it occurred to me there was someone else's site I had long meant to look at and never had.
So, I spent my afternoon reading somebody elses' blog. Not just anyone, but Pastor Paul Kwon's blog. He and I have only met on occasion, but his wife and I have become friends since our boys, Raymond and Jeremy became fast friends in kindergarten. I have talked frequently with his wife Sun Young over the past 6 months, since his sudden diagnosis with acute leukemia, but I had not, until today, read his story in his own words. It almost brought me to tears. Thank you so much Bro. Kwon for choosing to document your journey for the rest of us to read. It humbled me so completely and reminded me so intently of how fortunate we all are, how truly blessed I am. Even when times seem tough, there are surely others who suffer more. But by the grace of God, there go I...

No comments:

Post a Comment